CENTEREACH BIBLE CHURCH
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. In the verbal, plenary inspiration of the original manuscripts of both the Old and New Testaments and that they together constitute the inerrant and infallible Word of God, and are the final authority in faith, in practice, and in life.
2. In the Trinity of the Godhead; one God, eternally existent in Three Equal Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; who created the universe and all that is by direct creation and not evolution.
3. In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His being both true God and true man; in His virgin birth, begotten in miraculous manner by the Holy Spirit; in His sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, and ascension into heaven; in His personal, imminent, pre-tribulational and pre-millennial coming again for His redeemed ones and in His Millennial Kingdom.
4. In the personality of the Holy Spirit, by whom believers are called, regenerated, baptized into Christ, indwelt, endued, guided, taught, witnessed to, sanctified, aided and filled for service.
5. In the fall, total depravity and guilt of the race of Adam, and because of this, man is sinful by nature and choice, must individually and personally repent of sin and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, such faith and repentance being the only requisites of salvation; and that it is only the shed blood of Jesus Christ that provides such an atonement for sin. That every saved person possesses two natures,
with the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, and that all claims to the eradication of the old nature in this life are unscriptural.
6. In the local church as being a company of regenerated baptized (immersed) believers, independent and self-governing, with voluntary fellowship and cooperation among churches of like faith; in the responsibility of every local church to observe the two ordinances which the Lord has committed to us, namely:
Baptism, by immersion, as the Word indicates, of the believer in water as the Lord commands;
The Lord’s Supper, as a memorial of the death of Christ until He comes; and to edify itself and evangelize the world.
7. In the existence of Satan as a personality, angels and demons.
8. In the complete separation of Church and State; in the separation of the local church from the combined meetings with all organizations or groups who deny the inspiration of the scriptures, the Deity of Christ, in the separation of the believer unto God, and from the world and ecclesiastical apostasy.
9. That it is a privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of their salvation through the testimony of God’s Word; which, however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh.
10. In the dispensational view of Bible interpretation, but reject the extreme teaching of “hyperdispensationalism”, such as that teaching which opposes either the Lord’s table or water baptism as a scriptural means of testimony for the church in this age.
11. In the bodily resurrection, immortality, and pre-tribulational rapture of all believers at Christ’s imminent coming; in the bodily resurrection and judgment of all unbelievers after the millennial reign of Christ; in the eternal life and blessedness of all believers and the eternal existence and punishment (and not annihilation) of all unbelievers.
12. We believe in the future restoration of the Jews in their own land, also in the setting up of a Kingdom of Righteousness, on earth, by our Lord Jesus Christ, who shall then be King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
For more info or questions:
Contact Pastor Scott Kraniak
Phone: (631) 732-3283
Centereach Bible Church
170 N. Coleman Rd.
Centereach, NY 11720